Racing4Vets has launched its official search for four combat-injured U.S. military veterans to join its amateur road racing team in 2012. We are seeking veterans located on the U.S. East Coast.
We are recruiting for four team positions:
- Crew Chief
- Video/Data/Technology Specialist
- PR/Marketing/Sponsorship Specialist
We are specifically seeking injured U.S. military veterans who have been wounded while on active duty. We are also open to participation by Veterans and supporters interested helping the project. People from all branches of the U.S. Military, National Guard, Reserves, and Coast Guard will be considered.
These positions are initially unpaid, although future sponsorship may provide opportunities for earning income. Significant business and motorsports industry education will be provided as part of your participation. Expenses for travel, lodging, and food will be covered. Any required equipment such as helmets, driving gear, uniforms, etc. will be provided.
In addition to each individual’s core areas of responsibility, the duties of Racing4Vets team members may include:
- Preparing the race car, audio/video, and safety systems for competition
- Managing team logistics, travel and planning
- Making video and photo recordings of the team’s races and activities
- Promoting Racing4Vets to the media, fans, veterans organizations, racing organizations, and sponsors
- Raising funding from sponsors and donors
- Public relations efforts, such as writing press releases and sponsorship proposals
- Interacting with fans, media, sponsors, donors, teammates, race officials, and many other parties
- Designing, building, and testing disabled driver controls
- Physical training and sports nutrition
- Supporting and coaching other team members
This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to build a racing team, and to actually work together to build a competition program from the ground up.
Sponsorship will be sought from outside sources to accomplish the team’s goals, obtain the necessary driver training and licensing, install adaptive controls in the race car, and attend races. You should have a passion for auto racing and willingness to work and travel to achieve the team’s goals. Prior applicable military or civilian experience will be considered.
Travel to race tracks will be required during race weekends. Racing4Vets will participate in races located primarily on the U.S. East Coast during 2012.